* Returns are not possible for hygienic reasons.
As an Epoch Times subscriber, you can get these masks at a discounted price of only $18.00/pack.
At checkout, just enter the discount code that you received via email. If you didn't receive your code, just send us a request for your code via the link below (please include the email associated with your subscription.)
These face masks are not made in China. A company with more than 85 years of experience in processing high quality materials in Vietnam produces these masks. Technology from American company Sciessent, which is used in the mask, has been approved for protective masks in health sectors in the USA, Canada and the EU, according to the OEKO-TEX® certificate.
The face masks contain materials with a combination of silver zeolite and metal ions. The masks can be washed and, according to the manufacturer, can be reused up to 30 applications.
These face masks are not medical devices. Wearing a mask is not a substitute for the other recommended measures against virus transmission, such as adequate hygiene, hand disinfection or the suggested minimum distance from other people.
The face masks are made up of four layers with different functions:
Layer 1: (outermost layer): Water-repellent (AATCC 22 certified) material against droplet infection.
Layer 2 and 3 (middle layers): System made of silver zeolite combined with metal ions. Due to their large inner surface, like activated carbon, zeolites can absorb and bind a large amount of pollutants. Ions of silver and copper are also incorporated into the silver zeolite used. Silver has been used as an antiviral for centuries. In a recent study in The New England Journal of Medicine, copper has emerged as a material on which the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 does not adhere.
Layer 4 (innermost layer): Soft, comfortable material, also with incorporated zeolite and silver and copper ions.
Handling: How Do You Use the Mask Correctly?
- Apply the mask to the face with clean, disinfected hands so that the nose and mouth are completely covered and the mask is tight. The logo must be on the outside.
- When removing the mask, only touch the rubber bands and not the fabric.
- Carefully clean the worn mask under running water with a brush and dry it with a hair dryer.
- Store the dry mask in a plastic bag until reused.
- The mask must be disposed of after 30 applications.
- The mask should be disposed of no later than three months after first use.
- Note: The mask must be disposed of after use in a highly contaminated and potentially infectious environment, such as close contact with an infected person.
Antimicrobial Technology Company: Sciessent
Sciessent , formerly Agion Technologies, is an American company headquartered in Baverly, Massachusetts. Due to virus epidemics such as SARS, noroviruses and H5N1, Sciessent developed the material combination of zeolite and metal ions, which is known under the name "Agion". In combination with polyester fibers from Foss Manufacturing (now Foss Performance Materials), the technology was built into N95 respirators. These were manufactured on a large scale by the company Nexera Medical and were also certified and approved in Canada and the European Union in 2011.
Questions and Answers
1. Can the face masks also be sprayed with alcohol for disinfection?
In terms of material, it is no problem to spray the mask on the outermost layer with alcohol, if you let it dry well afterwards. However, this does not improve the protective performance of the mask. It also does not replace the washing and drying process as described.
2. How often do I have to wash the mask?
The mask must be washed after each use. One application means putting it on and then removing the mask.
3. Can you wash the masks in a washing machine?
The masks should be washed by hand for 4 to 7 minutes. Conventional soap can be used, but strong cleaning agents (detergents, cleaning agents, etc.) must not be used as they can destroy the integrated multi-layer system.
4. At what temperature should the masks be washed?
The masks should be washed with warm water at 30-40 ° C by hand for 4 to 7 minutes.
5. How can you wash the mask without touching the filter?
The warning to not touch the filter and to only touch the mask on the rubber bands refers to protecting yourself from a possible smear infection. If you clean the mask by hand in the prescribed time (with water and soap), the viruses are inactivated in a similar way to washing your hands.